REPRESENTATION FROM AN AV® RATED ATTORNEY
Justin S. Kahn is a civil litigator. His practice focuses on catastrophic personal injury matters and various kinds of complex litigation. Since 1992, Justin has worked hard fighting for those who cannot help themselves. He has successfully resolved cases and claims for several million dollars as well as represented people in small claims court matters. He is an advocate for those who cannot help themselves. He gives personal attention to every client. He gets to know the client to better understand the impact of the negligence on their life. Communication is key to effective representation. Mr. Kahn will keep you up to date and provide answers to the questions you have.
- Board Certified Medical Malpractice, American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Legal Specialty Certification
- Board Certified Civil Practice Advocacy, National Board of Legal Specialty Certification
- AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Super Lawyers: Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Charleston, SC
- Certified Court Mediator, South Carolina Supreme Court
Mr. Kahn is an adjunct professor at the Charleston School of Law where he teaches deposition skills and civil pre-trial practice. For over 25 years, Mr. Kahn has written the South Carolina Rules of Procedure Annotated as well as the South Carolina Rules of Evidence Annotated published by the South Carolina Bar CLE Division. These are the books lawyers and judges use every day in the courts of South Carolina.
Justin S. Kahn's published text and annotations for the Rules of Civil Procedure and the Rules of Evidence provide practical information regarding case law and statutes. They are available for purchase at the links below:
He is admitted to the United States Supreme Court, the Second, Third and Fourth Circuit Courts of Appeals, the District of Columbia, the United States Federal Court of Claims, the United States District Court of South Carolina and the South Carolina Supreme Court.
Mr. Kahn has been involved with cases around the country, including in North Carolina, New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee and Alaska. He is also a circuit delegate of the South Carolina Bar and serves on several committees. Additionally, he writes and speaks nationally on various topics including procedure, evidence, persuasion, and litigation.
Justin also enjoys performing close-up magic and blogging about technology. He is married and has three children.
- 1992, South Carolina, U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina and U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit; 1995, District of Columbia.
- 2004, U.S. Supreme Court and U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit.
- 2005, U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit.
- U.S. Federal Court of Claims
- Tulane University of Louisiana, B.S., Psychology/Communication, 1988
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1992
- Easy as Pie Basics of Graphic Design for Attorneys (S.C. Association of Justice Spring 2021)
- South Carolina Evidence Handbook Annotated, 15th Edition (2020-2021)
- South Carolina Rules of Procedure Annotated 2020
- Trial By Visuals Use and Admissibility of Demonstrative Evidence (S.C. Association for Justice Fall 2020)
- Tips for Handling Bogus Objections to Written Discovery (S.C. Association for Justice Fall 2018)
- Put Some Bite in Your Practice: An Introduction to Dental Malpractice (S.C. Association for Justice Fall 2017)
- A Review Of Some South Carolina Evidence: Differences Make A Difference (S.C. Association for Justice Summer 2016)
- Yard Sticks and Stop Signs: Making Your Case With Codes and Standards, The Justice Bulletin (S.C. Association for Justice), Fall 2014
- Discovery and The Insurance Claim File: Facts Are Discoverable No Matter Who You Are, The Justice Bulletin, Summer 2014
- Who's Afraid of the Reptile Motion in Limine Kahn, Justin and Allison, Wes SCAJ (Spring 2014)
- Prove Notice Without Knowledge Show Facts That Required Inquiry, The Justice Bulletin (South Carolina Association for Justice) Summer 2013
- Charleston County and American Bar Associations
- South Carolina Bar (House of Delegates, 1996-2008, 2014-present; Chairman, Practice & Procedure Committee, 1998-1999)
- American Association for Justice
- South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association for Justice (President, Student Chapter, 1990-1992)
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association (Board Member 2015 - present)
- Leadership in Law 2016
- Super Lawyers 2017- Present
- Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Charleston, SC