Justin S. Kahn
Representation from an AV® Rated Attorney
Justin S. Kahn is a civil litigator. His practice focuses on
catastrophic personal injury matters and various kinds of complex litigation. Since 1992, Justin has worked
hard fighting for those who cannot help themselves. He has successfully
resolved cases and claims for
several million dollars as well as represented people in small claims court matters. He is an
advocate for those who cannot help themselves. He gives personal attention
to every client. He gets to know the client to better understand the impact
of the negligence on their life. Communication is key to effective representation.
Mr. Kahn will keep you up to date and provide answers to the questions you have.
Attorney Justin Kahn's outstanding legal work has earned him the following
- Board Certified Medical Malpractice, American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Legal Speciality
- Board Certified Civil Practice Advocacy, National Board of Legal Speciality
- AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Super Lawyers: Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Charleston, SC
- Certified Court Mediator, South Carolina Supereme Court
History with Law
Mr. Kahn is an adjunct professor at the Charleston School of Law where
he teaches civil pre-trial practice and for over 20 years, Mr. Kahn has
written the South Carolina Rules of Civil Procedure Annotated as well
as the South Carolina Rules of Evidence Annotated published by the South
Carolina Bar CLE Division. These are the books lawyers and judges use
every day in the courts of South Carolina.
Justin S. Kahn's published text and annotations for the Rules of Civil
Procedure and the Rules of Evidence provide practical information regarding
case law and statutes. They are available for purchase at the links below:
South Carolina Rules Annotated 2019
South Carolina Evidence Handbook Annotated, 14th Edition
He is admitted to the United States Supreme Court, the Second, Third and
Fourth Circuit Courts of Appeals, the District of Columbia, the United
States Federal Court of Claims, the United States District Court of South
Carolina and the South Carolina Supreme Court.
Mr. Kahn has been involved with cases around the country, including in
New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee and Alaska. He is also a circuit
delegate of the South Carolina Bar and serves on several committees. Additionally,
he writes and speaks nationally on various topics including procedure,
evidence, persuasion, and litigation.
Justin also enjoys performing close-up magic and blogging about technology.
He is married and has three children.
To get in touch with Mr. Kahn, call (843) 547-0240 or contact him online
- 1992, South Carolina, U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina and
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit; 1995, District of Columbia.
- 2004, U.S. Supreme Court and U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit.
- 2005, U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit.
- U.S. Federal Court of Claims
- Tulane University of Louisiana, B.S., Psychology/Communication, 1988
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1992
- South Carolina Rules of Procedure Annotated, 2019.
- South Carolina Evidence Handbook Annotated 14th Edition, 2019.
- Yard Sticks and Stop Signs: Making Your Case With Codes and Standards,
The Justice Bulletin (S.C. Association for Justice), Fall 2014.
- Discovery and The Insurance Claim File: Facts Are Discoverable No Matter
Who You Are, The Justice Bulletin, Summer 2014
- Prove Notice Without Knowledge Show Facts That Required Inquiry, The Justice
Bulletin (South Carolina Association for Justice) summer 2013.
- Charleston County and American Bar Associations
- South Carolina Bar (House of Delegates, 1996-2008, 2014-present; Chairman,
Practice & Procedure Committee, 1998-1999)
- American Association for Justice
- South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association for Justice (President, Student
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association (Board Member 2015 - present)
- Leadership in Law 2016
- Super Lawyers 2017-2018: Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Charleston, SC